Read on for the latest news in real estate in Wayne, Nebraska and the surrounding communities as well as useful tips for buying and selling your home. Bonus features include a look into the good, the bad, and the ugly of homeownership as shared by blog author, homeowner, property manager, and real estate broker, Trisha Peters.
Welcome Home.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Oh Baby, Baby!

Ever since I was a little girl, I knew there was one job that I knew I was absolutely born to do.  It wasn't being a real estate agent or a teacher or a doctor or an astronaut.  I wanted to be a mom.  That dream came true for my husband and me last September when we found out we were going to be parents.  Now, we are t-minus 3 weeks from our due date and the reality is setting in!  I am so thankful that I have felt great throughout the pregnancy, and our little one has been a very cooperative baby.  Hopefully, it is a sign of all the good things to come!

For those of you who have been wondering where I've been the past few days, we had a bit of a scare earlier this week at one of my regularly scheduled check-ups. My nurse discovered that my blood pressure had spiked over the course of just a few hours.  Within moments, a team of doctors and nurses were in the room performing tests and monitoring Baby's response to the change.  Needless to say, this soon-to-be mom was scared beyond all explanation!  The doctor on call immediately put me on a blood pressure medication and ordered me to go home to rest with the stipulation that I was not to return to work until the baby is delivered.  More panic immediately struck me as I realized that this was happening four weeks sooner than I had anticipated and I was leaving my coworkers, clients, and customers all in a bind.  As we all know, things don't always work out as we plan. It is a blessing that we made it as far as we have without any major complications.

The next day, I was doing everything in my power to try and "relax" at home while all this was weighing on my mind.  Suddenly, I came to the realization that everything happens for a reason.  For example, the snowy and rainy days are making it so much easier to watch the world go by from my picture window.  The cold temperatures and rain also mean that my husband can't be out in the field planting corn or working on equipment, so he can focus on helping me at home.  Since it is calving time at the farm, I have been comparing this experience to the things that I have experienced with my family on the farm.  Our daily work with pregnant animals has provided much insight into how this process works.  Sometimes we have a first-time mama that just needs a little more attention than the rest due to certain complications.  It takes a certain amount of coaxing to make her realize that, but eventually, she calms down and accepts the necessary treatment.  The cold and wet weather has made this an extraordinary year for calving with the babies needing lots of extra attention.  I guess it just makes sense that mine would react in the same way!

During this time, I have also realized that everybody who has ever had the privilege of becoming a parent understands the gravity of this situation.  In fact, you all do.  My coworkers are such a blessing, and they have refused to let me even set foot through the door at work for anything more than a social visit to keep them informed of what's happening with the baby.  All of my clients and customers have been very understanding as we work through the dynamics of this unexpected change in plans, and for that, I thank each and every one of you for your support and kindness.  I couldn't ask for a better job or a better group of people to work with.  Our number one priority right now is to have a happy and healthy Baby Peters sometime within the next three weeks.  The good news is that Baby is handling all of the non-stress tests like a little champ.  If only its mom could do the same, we would be in great shape! 

I am so incredibly thankful for all of you and for the ability to be able to enjoy this special time before entering the world of parenthood.  All of the preparations have been made and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby in hopes that we can once again hit the ground running.  If anything, this little test has given me some insight into all of the unexpected surprises that come with parenthood, and has taught me the patience that comes with being a parent.  My sincere appreciation to all of you as well as my husband, family, and friends who have generously offered to help in any way possible.  Your phone calls, e-mails, and visits are making the time pass quickly until the day our little one is safely here.  The doctors and nurses at Providence Medical Center have also been a godsend throughout this process.  Their expertise and compassion for their patients is second to none.  One of the greatest joys that I hope to ever have in this life is the day we welcome our little one into this world, and I can't wait to share that with you.  Welcome Home!

4 comments:

  1. you will be in my thoughts and daily prayers... both of you! please let me know if I can do anything for you!!!! amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks for your prayers! We are hanging in there and hoping for the best. Your support means more than words can say!

      Trisha

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing good. Take care and take it easy. Just want to say thanks for all you have done for us. Take Care and can't wait to see that little bundle of joy that coming into your lives.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cindy! I have really enjoyed working with you and Doug this spring. Hoping to be back in the office with my little "agent in training" by the time closing day rolls around. I appreciate your understanding!
      Trisha

      Delete