Let me give you something to consider today: December is GREAT time to buy a home! Don't call me crazy until you hear me out.
1. Only a serious seller will contend with selling their home during the holiday season. You don't have to mess around with sellers who are just "testing the waters."
2. Sellers tend to be more negotiable on prices during the month of December. Consider it a direct result of being in the holiday spirit.
3. Viewing homes with Christmas trees and other Christmas decor up gives you an idea of how big a space really is because those items typically do not occupy a room at various other times of the year.
4. Historically (and with the exception of the past week), temperatures average between 20-30 degrees and snow fall amounts are fairly light for our area until after Christmas. This helps to make moving a little easier when compared to January and February when snow falls are typically larger and temperatures colder.
5. Fewer buyers are in the market for homes which motivates sellers to strongly consider any and all offers. Your odds of buying a house improve as the market shifts in the direction of a buyer's market during winter months.
If you've been holding your cards close to your chest, you might want to consider taking a look at some homes to see what kind of deals might be available this month. Wonderful opportunities await you in the local market to bring you home for the holidays!
Also, don't forget to participate in the1st Realty Elf's Christmas Tour of Homes promotion taking place from now through December 24th! It is a great opportunity to preview our listings and win yourself some holiday cash courtesy of 1st Realty Sales & Management. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/591259154277665/. Happy holidays from all of us here at 1st Realty! Welcome Home!