Read on for the latest news in real estate in Wayne, Nebraska and the surrounding communities as well as useful tips for buying and selling your home. Bonus features include a look into the good, the bad, and the ugly of homeownership as shared by blog author, homeowner, property manager, and real estate broker, Trisha Peters.
Welcome Home.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Spring Cleaning (sort of)

At 9 p.m. last night, the mood struck me to clean out the closet in my master bedroom.  At 10 p.m., I said to myself, "What were you thinking!"  Cleaning closets is the type of thing that I have to be inspired to do, and if I didn't do it then, it wasn't getting done at all.  The timing of these moods are few and far between so you can about imagine the task that I was in for!

It all started when I couldn't find ANYTHING to wear on Thursday morning while I was getting ready for work.  It's not that I don't have clothes, it's just that my closet is so disorganized that I literally couldn't find a coordinated outfit.  It's a funny thing because I have had two shoe organizers and a hanging organization system leaning up against my bedroom wall for going on two months now.  Sometimes the best laid plans...

My organizational piles consisted of: 1. out of style; 2. too small/too large; 3. worn to rags; 4. farm clothes; 5. "maybe" I can wear this again and 6. what was I thinking!  My brother will be getting quite a compilation of colorful grease rags during the next few days.  Anybody in need of quilt blocks better get their order in now or it's being shipped out to the shop where the fabric will be destined for greasy handprints, wiping sweaty brows, and plugging holes in engine blocks until there is time to finish the project.  The "maybe" pile (which just might be large enough to clothe a village in Africa) is being transferred into totes where it will reside in my basement until I decide in another three years that I really wasn't going to wear it again after all.  By 10:30, I finally had a sliver of my bed cleared off where I could sleep.

The reason I'm sharing this with you (especially home sellers) is because I feel your pain when it comes to getting your home ready to sell.  It is no easy task to tackle a project such as cleaning out a closet that hasn't been touched in five years.  So, this is my salute to those of you that tackle the tough closet cleaning projects!  On the bright side, you just might find 20 or so clothes hangers for which you have been desperately searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment