Read on for the latest news in real estate in Wayne, Nebraska and the surrounding communities as well as useful tips for buying and selling your home. Bonus features include a look into the good, the bad, and the ugly of homeownership as shared by blog author, homeowner, property manager, and real estate broker, Trisha Peters.
Welcome Home.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

School Daze!

During the next few days, school will be back in session for both the Wayne Public Schools and Wayne State College.  We always experience a bit of a lull in the real estate action from early August through Labor Day as families enjoy last minute summer vacations, school shopping, and schedule changes.  I'm heading back to school myself this fall to finish out my second to last semester as a graduate student at Wayne State.  Not only does this mean that I'll have to extend my evening schedule to cram for tests and finish papers, but it also provides me the opportunity to shape the minds of our youth.  The sometimes daunting task of keeping 80 students involved and in line this semester looms ahead of me as I prepare course materials and integrative lectures.  People often ask me where I find the time to work as both a graduate assistant and a full-time real estate broker, and my resounding answer is generally, "I don't know." 

Believe it or not, teaching courses actually makes me more organized, a better time manager, and it helps me to better assist my customers and clients.  How, you might ask?  Well, it's not because I'm a Blackberry or SmartPhone type of person.  I still use the old pen and paper method for writing notes, appointments, and wedding plans.:)  However, think back to those days when you were in school and your teacher spent hours trying to explain difficult subjects or tolerating unruly students.  That same person also probably helped you through some difficult times or stayed late after school some days to help you with troublesome projects.  Isn't that what real estate agents do?  We are given the opportunity to educate homebuyers and sellers by fielding questions, handling transactions, and ensuring that everything goes smoothly.  My students teach me about understanding, compassion, humor, recognizing personality clashes, and patience, and all I am giving back to them is knowledge about management, marketing, or the world they are entering into after college.  It is an experience that provides me new skills to apply in my life and workplace everyday.  I hope it continues to show in the service I provide to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment