Read on for the latest news in real estate in Wayne, Nebraska and the surrounding communities as well as useful tips for buying and selling your home. Bonus features include a look into the good, the bad, and the ugly of homeownership as shared by blog author, homeowner, property manager, and real estate broker, Trisha Peters.
Welcome Home.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Excuse Our Mess...

...we're under construction!"  I'm not sure how many times I've said this since the first of this year.  In all honesty, I might miss that excuse when I no longer have it.  After all, it has made my life easier.

Didn't make the bed this morning.  No problem.  "We're under construction."  Didn't do the dishes last night.  "We're under construction."  Didn't fold the clothes in the laundry basket or clear the papers off the table before company showed up.  "We're under construction." 

Do you see where I'm going with this?  When you are in construction mode, it doesn't matter if your house is a mess.  And even though the things I mentioned have nothing to do with the construction happening on the main floor, I still get away with that excuse.  Everybody understands!  I mean, why clean up when you are just going to have a puff of drywall dust finely coating everything the next day anyway?  After all, life is about more than just cleaning up those everyday messes.  Your home is built to "live" in and life is messy!

So, remember, the next time you have some unexpected guests show up and the house isn't looking just right, say, "Excuse our mess, we're under construction."  When your guests question what you are actually constructing, all you have to say is, "I'm building a life."  Trust me, they'll understand. Welcome Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment