Read on for the latest news in real estate in Wayne, Nebraska and the surrounding communities as well as useful tips for buying and selling your home. Bonus features include a look into the good, the bad, and the ugly of homeownership as shared by blog author, homeowner, property manager, and real estate broker, Trisha Peters.
Welcome Home.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The Great Toothpaste Confrontation of 2019 (1,000 Days of Winter)

I learned last week that my husband takes toothpaste, or the lack thereof, very seriously.  On Tuesday of last week, I witnessed the unfortunate circumstances of running out of "adult" toothpaste.  Bear in mind, we still had plenty of bubblegum Sparkle Crest on hand.  Apparently, that just doesn't do the same job as cool mint gel.  Nevertheless, this led to a 10 p.m. argument about not having any toothpaste.  Luckily, I was able to scavenge for a travelers pack of toothpaste to meet my husband's needs.  Fast forward to Friday.  Still no toothpaste in the house and the traveler's pack is empty.  At this point, the confrontation is boiling down to a battle of wits to decide once and for all who can hold out the longest and exhibit the utmost stubbornness of the two of us.  Turns out my husband won this no-contest, knock-down, drag-out fight by one fall.  I broke down and threw some Crest in the shopping cart while I was out buying groceries in the blizzard to avoid all of the other pre-blizzard shoppers.  He owes me big time, but guess what, he is too stubborn to admit it.

How has your 1,000 days of winter been going?  I would accept false spring at this point even though it will take us into third winter.  Clearly, we all need some fresh air, new perspective, and some Crest toothpaste to fill the void this gloomy, cold, artic tundra has left in our hearts.  By golly, at least the real estate market hasn't been frozen in its tracks by this weather.  I wasn't sure if I was coming or going last week, but I did tell our office manager every time I left that if I didn't see her again by 5 p.m., I would see her the next day.  This is good news for all of you who are anxiously waiting for new listings to arrive on the market.  As our 1,000 days of winter edges ever closer to an end, we will see new listings.  If you would like to be notified of what is coming available, send a text to (402) 518-0675 so I can include you in my early communications!

On the flip side, Sellers be warned!  Your sweet spot for listing properties is not actually the summer months as has long been the industry belief.  The best opportunity for you to command top dollar for your property happens when you list between February 15th and March 15th.  We are almost halfway through this short window, so contact me today if you are toying with the idea of listing.  I can provide initial consultations on preparing your house for sale (including how to use toothpaste for spackle, if needed).  And, don't forget, we have our second Lunch and Learn of the season coming up at Noon on March 13th with everything you need to know about preparing your home for sale, working with an agent for the best results, and surviving the process while trying to make a move.

If you're still not convinced that now is a good time to break up the 1,000 days of winter by listing your home, check out these pending sales that only lasted 24 hours on the market:

315 West 8th Street


1020 Poplar Street












Both of these sellers considered waiting to list their homes until warmer weather.  Nonetheless, getting their homes listed early in the year was a smart move.  Let me help cure some of that Seasonal Affective Disorder by kicking your spring cleaning into high gear and helping you market your home to an anxious pool of buyers. 

Despite recent sales, 1st Realty has a nice selection of homes still on the market!  Right now, we have something for everyone including ranch-style, 2-story, a townhouse, and investment properties to expand your portfolio.  Our team can help find a home that fits your needs!

118 S. Blaine Street

419 West 8th Street

1403 Linden Street

902 Nebraska Street

314 East 4th Street














So, don't let the winter blues get you down!  Go buy yourself a fresh new tube of toothpaste, keep the peace in your current home, and give me a call to help you with your next home sale or purchase.  After all, toothpaste is less expensive than roses, and I love to talk about real estate!  Welcome Home.

2 comments: