Read on for the latest news in real estate in Wayne, Nebraska and the surrounding communities as well as useful tips for buying and selling your home. Bonus features include a look into the good, the bad, and the ugly of homeownership as shared by blog author, homeowner, property manager, and real estate broker, Trisha Peters.
Welcome Home.

Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Few Dry Days

I needed to take a moment this morning to thank everybody for their kind words and prayers as I underwent follow-up tests last week for my late April eye exam.  Several of you took time to check-in personally and for that, I am very grateful!  I culminated last week's events by undergoing a spinal tap to measure the pressure of my spinal fluid and take some samples for analysis.  Essentially, they attached me to a tire pressure gauge to see if my head was going to explode.  Fortunately, I won't be splattering up anybody's walls anytime soon.  The best news is that I do NOT have a brain tumor as was suspected.  I also have not been in any pain or discomfort (except the anxiety).  The bad news is that we are still in search of a cause for the pressure surrounding the nerves in my eyes (which is a significant indicator of a tumor and increased spinal fluid pressure).  I have been referred to the eye gurus at the Med Center and will be visiting them next month for further testing.  Thanks for giving me a couple of days to get through the preliminary tests and ease my worst fears.

For now, we are back to business as usual.  I am trying to get used to my glasses, which has been a struggle, especially when a certain 2-year-old always wants to smear his smudgy fingers on them!  How is it that a $6 pair of sunglasses from the local dollar store can fit perfectly, but I have to be constantly adjusting a custom pair of Kate Spades? My apologies to all of my friends who have been wearing glasses for years.  I now feel your pain and will be eternally empathetic!

If things are meant to be a certain way in life, I would have to say that all of this has played out favorably considering that the rains came last week when I needed some help from my family with driving, child care, and appointments.  The few dry days we have had this week has kept everybody on their toes planting corn and beans, fertilizing, and spraying.  I'm not much for running the heavy equipment these days, but I can provide ground support for the hoard of hungry children my family has produced in the last several years.  Each one is good for about 30-60 minutes in the tractor, but that is about all the longer we can keep them in one place unless they are asleep.  Good thing there are chores to do, baby kittens to harass, sand piles to play in, and Big Wheels to race.  A head count every ten minutes gives assurance nobody has snuck off to try to make the golf cart do a Tokyo drift. 

Rest assured, I haven't quit my day/night/weekend job.  The real estate market is still very active in and around Wayne, and it has been exciting to meet new people moving to town as well as help past clients make new transitions.  I'm so glad I'm able to have my cake and eat it too when it comes to helping out at the farm...even if it means we have supper at 9:30 p.m. followed by temper tantrum filled mornings because I didn't have time to wash the only two pairs of short pants that my 6-year-old will wear (even though he has 14 to pick from).  Two more days of school and then summer "break." (I think we have more scheduling issues and plans for June than we have had for any other month this year!  Looks like I better go buy a couple more pairs of "slick" shorts so I don't have to do laundry every other day!  You know, because the pockets on jean shorts hurt your bottom when you have to sit on them. Kindergarten logic.)

Thanks again for the many kindnesses shown to me and my family as we power through the stages of life.  Life might not be all real estate and roses, but we have much to be thankful for, little to complain about, and a whole lot to look forward to.  Welcome Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment